Chemical peels for the face and body
Chemical skin peels are used to recover the appearance and consistency of your skin by eliminating any damaged outer layers and encouraging the process of new skin cell growth. A chemical skin peel can diminish the appearance of lines and wrinkles, acne, blemishes and scarring problems. Often they are helpful in reducing the effects of smoking and too much sun exposure on the skin. We use a variety of chemical skin peels that can be personalised to your individual needs. Some of the best areas to treat are the face, neckline area, the backs of the hands and the back.
Peels are suitable for a number of skin types. If you are wanting to revive dead, dull, tired-looking skin or deal with skin imperfections such as acne and scarring, then peels are a suitable option.
Our peels are specifically formulated to treat pigmentation, which can be caused by sun damage, hormone disturbances (e.g. during pregnancy) and any major inflammation to the skin. The peels will revitalize and even your skin tone, whilst alleviating and lessening the appearance of pigmentation. The peel overall will reduce the look of fine lines and improve skin texture.
- Advances the look and texture of your skin
- Gives skin a more youthful and healthy glow
- Decreases the look of fine surface lines and wrinkles
- Diminishes the effects of smoking and excess sun exposure
- Minimises acne scarring & hyperpigmentation
For long lasting results, it is recommended that a course of six treatments is followed at two to four-weekly intervals. Optimum results are achieved after six treatments with a follow-up chemical skin peel every three months.
- The Perfect Peel containing glutathione is proving to be successful with clients. It is the choice of treatment for celebrities due to the success of the peel. It does have the added advantage that no skin preparation is required ahead of time.
- TCA Peel is a medium depth peel which offers improvement in many different skin conditions and is another popular and reliable peel. TCA peels occur in varying concentrations, the strongest we use is 20%.
- Yam & Pumpkin Natural Enzyme Peel is a cutting-edge exfoliation treatment, exceptional for age management, acne scarring and hyperpigmentation. It is formulated with a variety of acids as well as yam and pumpkin pulp which are rich in vitamins A and C, enzymes, amino acids, antioxidants, beta carotene, hyaluronic acid, phytocollagen and many more active ingredients.
- Glycolic acid removes the outer layer of dead skin cells upon the surface your skin. This treatment brings fresh new skin to the surface, helping to give an anti-ageing effect. Glycolic acid helps to lighten any discolouration of skin and can be used to treat sun or age spots. It is also used to help those with acne-prone or blackhead-prone skin. We use various brands and strengths which is personalised to the client.
- Salicylic peels are one of the world’s most trusted anti-acne peel treatments. Its comedolytic and keratolytic components means it can break down skin’s tough proteins, infiltrating dead cell debris, oil and dirt that block the pores and in turn cause blackheads and spots.
- Retinol peels contain natural forms of vitamin A. This helps to activate cell turnover and encourage exfoliation. With aging this process slows down so that thick, dead, and damaged cells remain on the skin causing spots. Retinol peels are the perfect treatment to clear up acne.
Are there any side effects?
Peels can cause an increase in sensitivity in the treated area for a few days afterwards. Some stinging, peeling, itching, redness, flaking and tightness of the skin are also common after effects but these are temporary and soon clear up in a few days.
What happens after my treatment?
Avoid exercising (as this causes sweating), very hot baths or showers, and be gentle when washing and drying your skin. A high SPF should be used for a minimum of fourteen days after the treatment. You should not wear make-up for twelve hours after your peel treatment but Oxygenetix Foundation & Eminence Sun Defence Mineral Powder are ideal to use if you want to wear makeup which will help to heal & protect the skin. Products containing retinol should also be avoided for at least a week after treatment.
How long do the effects last?
As long as the patient continues the use of the prescribed creams and uses a daily sun protection factor, the results can be very long lasting.
Is it safe?
All of the peels we use are very safe, and the clinician is always in control. We do not use any of the more severe phenol peels, and we have a very strict protocol which helps us to avoid any of the usual pitfalls of chemical peeling, such as hyperpigmentation in the darker skin types.
Perfect for tackling skin problems such as acne, hyperpigmentation and scarring.
Absolutely amazing peel performed around 15 minutes ago and I can already feel and see the results! Unreal I would recommend anybody to undertake the treatment who wants their face to be brightened and clear any dead cells etc! Thank you! X.
Amazing! Lovley lady, had fillers in my lips and there better than I could of imagined. Would definitely recommend and return. Thank you so much.
What a wonderful, professional lady Nazia is!! Fabulous experience from start to finish! Made me feel so relaxed and completely knew what she was doing. So excited for future treatments! Would recommend to absolutely anyone, from super nervous to really relaxed clients! Don't be scared, go to the aesthetics Queen!
Would recommend 100%. I was made to feel so at ease throughout the procedure, and everything was explained fully so I was aware of everything going on and also after care. Comfortable environment, couldn't ask for better. Thank you so much x
I am so pleased with my procedure! Nazia was very informative and very caring changing things even the temp of the room to make me more comfortable. Fantastic work! Also- I have extremely small lips, I am so pleased with the after results. Thank you so much